The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gggti
Junior Poster

MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX Vide
PostSubject: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:52 am

Hi all,

As much fun as this car is, I need to get something sensible while I concentrate on rebuilding the MK1, so it’s got to go 
In the short time I have had it not once has it let me down and it always starts first time.
The car was on the rolling road at Stealth some time ago (before the head rebuild and 6 branch Mani) and it was putting out 191bhp. It goes like stink!!!
I think Ed managed a 14.6 second quarter mile at Santa Pod.

Tax to the end of July and MOT until September (I’ll have to double check the dates)

Engine spec:
2.9 VR6 from a Corrado
6 branch manifold
Custom exhaust system
Rebuilt head
Ported Throttle Body
Induction kit
Mocal Oil cooler

Chassis:
Avo height adjustable coilovers
280mm (G60) front brake set-up
Front upper strut brace
Upper rear (adjustable) strut brace (supplied but not fitted)
Neuspeed anti-roll bars

Interior:
Rallye half leather interior
Corrado dash
Gauges; Oil pressure, volts and Air/fuel (AF not wired up)
Pretty decent head unit/system (I’ll have to check the details)

The engine and dash conversion have both been done really well

It’s recently had a full service at Midland VW

I’m going to be perfectly honest about this car, it does need some work and these are the issues that I know about:
• Oil leak from sump and oil filter housing - I’m not sure if the sump is cracked/split or whether it’s just the gasket. I have a replacement sump that will be supplied with the car.
• Front top mounts knocking – I have some brand new replacement G60 items that I will supply. If I get the chance then I’ll try and swap these beforehand.
• Rear shock is leaking and the coil-overs could do with a refurb. Avo do this for about £30.00 a corner
• Rear N/S sill may need welding soon as it’s starting to look a bit rotten.
• One of the headlights doesn’t work on full beam but sidelights and main beam are fine
• The car has had a full respray in Candy white and at the same time the indicators in the wings, wiper holes (has single wiper conversion) and all the holes for the badges have been removed and smoothed. All these are starting to bubble under the paint.
• There is a dent that runs from the back of the driver’s side door right back to the front of the rear wheel arch.

I’m looking for around £1500 or a P/X or swap for something else VAG. I’m open to offers.
At the moment, I’m not sure what wheels it will come with but it definitely won’t be the Revolutions.

You can see a couple of pics here https://staffs-vw.forumotion.com/members-rides-f3/mk2-vr6-t1112.htm but I’ll upload some more later and try and get some pics of the bad bits.

MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX 14031017

Cheers,
Gary.
Back to top Go down
robbodred
staffs.V.duber
robbodred

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:49 am

noooo!
Back to top Go down
gggti
Junior Poster

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:56 am

I know. I really don't want to sell it but the MK1 comes first!
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX Vide http://www.staffs-vw.co.uk
PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Shame it's got to go eddie won't be happy maybe he will px u the Honda back lol
Back to top Go down
Dubbernut
staffs.V.duber
Dubbernut

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Always like this MK2 from way back in the day it lived in Wales. Wish i had some spare cash to snap it up.
Good luck with the sale.
Back to top Go down
ickyketseddie
Junior Poster

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Bump for the funnest car I ever owned!!

Dont talk to me about the honda....
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX Vide http://www.staffs-vw.co.uk
PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:09 pm

haha its jdm eddie lol
Back to top Go down
Annigail
Annigail

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Bump!

Needs to go soon, the VW Car Park in our street is overflowing! Smile

Last edited by Annigail on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
georgemk3
Global Mod
georgemk3

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:38 pm

seen this a few times its lovely
have been chased by this in my polo before Smile
Back to top Go down
Annigail
Annigail

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:27 am

Gloomy Wednesday morning bump.

Back to top Go down
gggti
Junior Poster

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Since I first posted this add i've swapped the suspension as the Avo's were pretty knackered. It's now on some Raceland coilovers. It now rides so much better.

The MOT is up in september and I've just put 6 months Tax on it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
simon-polo
staffs.V.duber
simon-polo

MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX Vide https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1118877801
PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:37 pm

its a mint car, if my insurance wouldnt rip me apart, and i had the cash id have it today.. look at that shitty red polo next to it in the UD pics.. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Ollybwhitepolo
Ollybwhitepolo

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:05 pm

do you live in mosspit mate? i swear ive drove past your car loads of times lol
Back to top Go down
gggti
Junior Poster

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Yep. That's me mate. Are you from my area?
Back to top Go down
Ollybwhitepolo
Ollybwhitepolo

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:14 am

ahhh, i live down gravel lane round the corner lol
Back to top Go down
gggti
Junior Poster

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:23 am

Oh right. You are just round the corner. I'm surprised I've not seen you

p.s. Somebody buy my car!!!
Back to top Go down
gggti
Junior Poster

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Now sold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX Empty

Back to top Go down

MK2 VR6 For sale/swap/PX

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: Classifieds :: For Sale :: Cars for Sale-