The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

U.K Vs U.S

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Who currently has the strongest VAG scene?
U.K?!
U.K Vs U.S Vote_lcap45%U.K Vs U.S Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
U.S?!
U.K Vs U.S Vote_lcap55%U.K Vs U.S Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
butlerlm
Staffs-VW car of the year 2010

U.K Vs U.S Vide
PostSubject: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:26 pm

U.K Vs U.S Dubs... Who does it better??

Last edited by butlerlm on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jon
Jon

U.K Vs U.S Vide http://www.staffs-vw.co.uk
PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:31 pm

U.S win hands down imo... reason being parts are far cheaper over there... much bigger scene too..
Back to top Go down
Dubbernut
staffs.V.duber
Dubbernut

U.K Vs U.S Vide
PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:18 am

USA for sure. And they dont seem to have the scene bitchyness of trying to be a forum warriors. Build cars for themselves not for praise on E38.
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:02 am

agreed the us is much better cars, parts and insurance are much cheaper and the roads are ten times better so you can roll low as on coilovers and not a pot hole in sight and non of this forum "keyboard" warrior ****
Back to top Go down
robdaviesss
Banned

U.K Vs U.S Vide
PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:58 am

Dubbernut wrote:
USA for sure. And they dont seem to have the scene bitchyness of trying to be a forum warriors. Build cars for themselves not for praise on E38.

ahaha have you never looked on vw vortex? its like a million sub edition 38 forums.
Back to top Go down
Dubbernut
staffs.V.duber
Dubbernut

U.K Vs U.S Vide
PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:44 am

robdaviesss wrote:
Dubbernut wrote:

ahaha have you never looked on vw vortex? its like a million sub edition 38 forums.

Forgot about vortex...lol.......but then the USA has more Dub drivers than we have citizens.
Back to top Go down
Air-Alex
Banned

U.K Vs U.S Vide
PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:47 am

UK all day. There are people like the guys from Dailys that run lower than most of the yanks, on our roads.
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Air-Alex wrote:
UK all day. There are people like the guys from Dailys that run lower than most of the yanks, on our roads.

yeah there is some super low motors over here but i lowerd my lupo 60mm and because of the roads it was catching all the time but the quality of roads in europe and the americas is much better not a bump or pot hole in sight
Back to top Go down
butlerlm
Staffs-VW car of the year 2010

U.K Vs U.S Vide
PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:49 am

wrighty wrote:
Air-Alex wrote:

yeah there is some super low motors over here but i lowerd my lupo 60mm and because of the roads it was catching all the time but the quality of roads in europe and the americas is much better not a bump or pot hole in sight

Thats why were more hardcore... they ride low becasue they can, we run static lows and have speed bumps, potholes and still manage it. Us is clearly bigger but the country size comes into that... forget about the size check the cars. Its about guys with cars that are run reg... low and rockin it. Not gargaged show cars, yh there nice but you aint takin it down the supermarket get 24cans are you...
Back to top Go down
Air-Alex
Banned

U.K Vs U.S Vide
PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:02 pm

butlerlm wrote:

Thats why were more hardcore... they ride low becasue they can, we run static lows and have speed bumps, potholes and still manage it. Us is clearly bigger but the country size comes into that... forget about the size check the cars. Its about guys with cars that are run reg... low and rockin it. Not gargaged show cars, yh there nice but you aint takin it down the supermarket get 24cans are you...

Exactly. I couldn't care less about the price or parts or the size of the country. I want to see cars that get driven every day. That chromed MK1 for example, I know its not a US car but what was the point in it? He's spent all that money and it sits in his garage?
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:48 pm

yeah ill agree if a car is to win car of the show in my eyes it needs to be drivin not garaged
Back to top Go down
118 (Dom)
Junior Poster
118 (Dom)

U.K Vs U.S Vide http://seatadventures.blogspot.com/
PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:53 pm

UK always. Yeah US parts/insurance is cheap but in the US cars have to conform to Bull s*** safety standards that kill the looks of UK cars, They helped Kill the Jaguar E-type, MG B and a lot of other cars!
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Yeah but look at the mk4 golf bits mk5 golf all look so much better in us spec
Back to top Go down
Jon
Jon

PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Styling wise, US hands down... as nearly all the mk2,3,4,5 & 6 owners over here in the UK try to copy the US guys with the rub strips, Rear lights, driver lights and so on... But the US guys just refine their styling mods and very few of them fit UK spec bumpers... although a few of them shave the running lights...

Suspension wise US again... ok they have smooth roads which allows them to run air and static rides very low, plus the fact air-ride is so cheap out there... But we come close...

Overall scene I think the UK wins though even though the US is bigger in size the UK has more dedicated shows/events and is more recognised for it...
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 pm

i dunno i think it would be very close idf say at the minute the us pip it but chris peacocks mk5 is teh best in the world imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

U.K Vs U.S Vide
PostSubject: Re: U.K Vs U.S U.K Vs U.S Empty

Back to top Go down

U.K Vs U.S

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: General Stuff... :: Car Related Banter-