The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

Does anyone know how to....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
huxleyAC
Banned

Does anyone know how to.... Vide
PostSubject: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:23 am

fit mk3 indicator stalk and wiper stalk to a mk2 with MFA? i know it can be done but cant find anything showing me how....
Back to top Go down
chrism
Mod
chrism

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:04 am

anything on here help at all

vortex mk2 help thread
Back to top Go down
huxleyAC
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 5:09 pm

I have seen alot of good things on there but nothing related to this Sad

Good link tho i will keep it in favs
Back to top Go down
steve b
Junior Poster

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:28 pm

easy as pie my friend it couldnt be easier to be honest as long as you car is a 1990 or later i.e. ce2 electrics, i.e. has the hazzard warning switch on top of the steering wheel and not on the dash.

basically, take your steering wheel off remove the cowel for the steering column, unscrew the three screws holding the stalks on remove the stalks (some times you have to remove a cap holding a spring on on the end of the steering column, this can be a bitch!!!

once there off un clip the wiring harness.

clip the wiring harness to the mk3 stalks, screw in the 3 screws refit the sterring wheel and steering wheel cowel, jobs a goodun even the mfa connector is a straigh swap.

any questions let me know i did a mk3 dash conversion into 2 of my old jettas and they were both CE1 which involved cutting and splicing every single wire in the dash with a ce2 connector, nightmare.

i eve have a set of mk3 stalks with mfa somewhere that i dont want much for!

the only issue you might have is with the hazzard switch as its so big on the mk3, i think you might be able to swap it for a mk2 one, or carefully cut the cowling to make it fit.

only an hours job if that!
Back to top Go down
huxleyAC
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Cool dig them mk3 stalks out for me i will have them! Thats the only thing that was confusing me the hazard switch size i will try swap them over, dont fancy cutting away my cowl tbh. Ive already got rid of the splin color on the rack removed this for my porsche wheel and boss :D
Back to top Go down
huxleyAC
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:49 pm

missed those stalks on ebay steve by 50p cus i wasnt at my computer! gutted. have a route out for me mate!
Back to top Go down
K849CBD
Junior Poster
K849CBD

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:59 pm

think ive got a pair if you still want some?
ollie
Back to top Go down
huxleyAC
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:53 pm

how much you want mate?
Back to top Go down
K849CBD
Junior Poster
K849CBD

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:30 pm

£15 for both of them and theyre in good condition, could meet you if ya wanted em
give me a text if ya interested
ol
Back to top Go down
huxleyAC
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:27 pm

You just update your avatar? I seen you knocking about Smile cool roof rack mate
Back to top Go down
K849CBD
Junior Poster
K849CBD

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:24 pm

yeah thats me, paddy hopkirk commercial roof bars Smile £8 car boot item haha.
found those stalks when i was looking for stuff in garage today so theyre about if ya want em aswell mate, leave it with ya
ol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know how to.... Does anyone know how to.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know how to....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: The Garage :: Technical Info... :: Electrical-