The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

Golf Mk. 5 buying advice...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaferboy
kaferboy

Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... Vide
PostSubject: Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:07 am

Is this the place to post this? Not really figured my way around the forum yet.... so I hope this is where you post general stuff about VW's.

I drive a Volvo S60 D5 diesel at the moment, but its geting a bit long in the tooth so am considering changing it - I was going to go for a passat estate until just a few minutes ago :lol: looking at a couple of the Mk 5's in the members rides area....

I do get about a bit, but have a limited budget which, looking at Autotrader would probably net me a 1.6 FSI with reasonable miles on the clock, with a bit of hunting about. Budget is around 5k. What kind of mpg and performance does this model provide? I know the general figures off the net, but in the real world, anyone know?

Anything to look out for buying a Mk.5? Or suggerstions as what I SHOULD be looking for? Smile

CHeers
Jamie
Back to top Go down
Jon
Jon

Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... Vide http://www.staffs-vw.co.uk
PostSubject: Re: Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:26 pm

You should look towards the 1.9TDI Wink

looking at around 44-55mpg on the motorway and around 38mpg around town....

105bhp but its got a nice bit of torque so feels much better...

something like http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/2555874.htm

or maybe even the 2.0GTTDI with 140bhp... think its the same mpg....
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

PostSubject: Re: Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:50 pm

for 5k you could get a bora 1.9tdi 130 or 150 sport you could get a mk4 gttdi 130 or 150 skoda octavias are good around that price you could also get an older audi a4 avant tdi or a3 sportback tdi what about a transporter van or caddy van 5k could get a minter
Back to top Go down
kaferboy
kaferboy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Caddy, though cool, would get me a giood bollocking off the missus cos the kids would haave to sit outside hahaha....Like the Audi's, but they all seem to be on mega miles to get sensible money, bit over priced (well... over my budget at least).

ill have another look on fleabay and see what else is around - loving the additional ideas please keep em coming.
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

PostSubject: Re: Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

5k could get you a nice passat estate aswell loads about just gotter look around 6k can get you an r-reg porsche boxter 2.7 lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... Golf Mk. 5 buying advice... Empty

Back to top Go down

Golf Mk. 5 buying advice...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: General Stuff... :: Car Related Banter-