The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

My mk3 Golf Daily

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chris_vw
Junior Poster
chris_vw

My mk3 Golf Daily Vide
PostSubject: My mk3 Golf Daily My mk3 Golf Daily EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 7:50 pm

After getting pestered by Mart here are some pics:
This is take 2 after owning a mystic blue 1.4 3dr for a few years, I decided I needed a 5 door so off I go searching and found this on ebay.
Its a mk3 1.6 GL but it gets the special 100bhp AFT engine also found in the mk3.5 convertible, I wanted a diesel really but found this, made a call and went to view it. It was filthy inside and out, had no tax or MOT and the previous owner drove it like this Shocked also 2 bald, flat tyres.
We looked over it and the body was in pretty good nick just some rust on the boot lid and front wing and a split pipe causing it to stall at low revs.
We then discovered that it was registered in 1998 and that the couple that had it were only the second owners and it came with a stack of paperwork :D.
We settled on a price and I picked it up a few days later.
Trying on some different wheels so it had some legal ones for the mot.
My mk3 Golf Daily 16082010442
My mk3 Golf Daily 16082010438
Original ones on the back:
My mk3 Golf Daily 16082010439

I had to leave it for a few months as I was out of work and could not afford to tax it Cry sold the other one and took it for a service, but on the way the front spring snapped, so I used this as an excuse to lower it 35mm on Koni adjustable dampening shocks and springs :D
So I ran it for a few months standard and then fitted a few bits and bobs.
Polo gti steering wheel (leather with red stitching)
Vr6 gear knob
Hella twin lights
Hella black rear lights (had clears but wanted a change and the clears went to Carl Taylor to put on his show mk3 orange one Cool )
Borbet E 15x7 powdercoated white by CAS coatings in Bradford (awesome job and greats guys to deal with)
Start:My mk3 Golf Daily 02032010014
My mk3 Golf Daily 02032010015
After some dodgy blasting by a family friend:
My mk3 Golf Daily 06082010416
Finished after CAS sorted them:
My mk3 Golf Daily 27042011074

And the car as it stands:
My mk3 Golf Daily 29042011077
My mk3 Golf Daily 29042011076
My mk3 Golf Daily 29042011075

Plans for the future are:
Fit the rover Recaros I have
Get the bumpers, mirrors, grill and side moldings repainted as the lacquer is peeling
Pressed Uk plates
Maybe go lower
A new exhaust
Fit my vr6 handbrake
fit and tint my front fogs
And thats it for now
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

My mk3 Golf Daily Vide http://www.staffs-vw.co.uk
PostSubject: Re: My mk3 Golf Daily My mk3 Golf Daily EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:16 am

looks arate mate!!! finish on the wheels is spot on
Back to top Go down
madmanmart
staffs.V.duber
madmanmart

My mk3 Golf Daily Vide
PostSubject: Re: My mk3 Golf Daily My mk3 Golf Daily EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:16 am

That does look nice matey.

Rare car too. Also sell me the rear lights Smile.
Back to top Go down
t1m
staffs.V.duber
t1m

My mk3 Golf Daily Vide
PostSubject: Re: My mk3 Golf Daily My mk3 Golf Daily EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:59 pm

looks nice that does bud
Back to top Go down
Dubbernut
staffs.V.duber
Dubbernut

My mk3 Golf Daily Vide
PostSubject: Re: My mk3 Golf Daily My mk3 Golf Daily EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Nice one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My mk3 Golf Daily Vide
PostSubject: Re: My mk3 Golf Daily My mk3 Golf Daily Empty

Back to top Go down

My mk3 Golf Daily

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: Staffs VW Presents...... :: Members Rides-