The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Dave
Banned

MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements Vide
PostSubject: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:25 pm

VW Golf GTI in "Cosmic Green", 3 door, 1.8 20v Turbo engine. 129,000 miles. 6 months TAX, 6 months MOT, usual GTI spec with Recaro interior, electric sunroof and cruise control. Car is in good condition and is reliable. Runs great!

Full specification of the car (some subtle modifications and enhancements as you can see, all done to a high standard!):

- 1.8 20v turbocharged AGU engine, KO3 turbo
- APR remap (done at Awesome GTI)
- New engine mounts and Powerflex poly dog bone mount
- Jamex Lowering Kit (approx 45mm to 50mm all round, rear springs custom made to order)
- Powerflex polyurethane rear bushes
- Standard discs and pads all round
- Audi TT 7x16" alloys refurbished in "mid grey"
- Goodyear Eagle F1/Dunlop SP Sport 01 205/55x16 tyres
- VW Gamma tape deck/radio/CD player and Harmon Kardon speakers
- Cat 1 alarm, immobiliser, deadlocks, full closure
- Aero window wipers
- Smaller rear badge from VW Passat
- Otherwise debadged
- Tinted windows
- Rear spoiler
- VW Golf V6 4motion front splitter
- Ice blue tinted front indicator bulbs
- Uprated front bulb set
- Recaro interior in dark grey
- R32 ashtray and gearstick gaitor
- R32 brushed aluminium door pulls
- Black door handles to replace wood trim
- Black rear view mirror to replace cream one
- Custom fit black floor mats
- Cruise control & electric sunroof optional extras
- Usual GTI spec otherwise both inside and out

The only negative points I can mention are that the cambelt is due a change. The rear drivers brake caliper sometimes sticks slightly. One of the keyfobs doesn't work - may just need recoding as new batteries added.

More detail: The car has handbooks but no service book. The previous owner was an aircraft engineer in the RAF and kept the car serviced (and to an excellent standard) by himself. He owned it for 3 and a half years. It has oil changes every 5000 miles (just done before I bought it in August) and is a great runner. Lots of changes recently, see the above spec list for details such as engine mounts etc.

Reason for sale: I bought the Golf on the 17th August 2009 with a few plans to gain more power over time, modest stereo install and so on just to improve it for me and then to enjoy it for a couple of years. However, this week my boss has cut my hours at work down to 18 hours a week. Putting it bluntly, I cannot afford to run this car any more for the forseeable future so I have no choice but to sell. I'm not happy about it but needs must. It's a great car and it took me ages to find one this good for the budget in mind.

The Car is in Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands. Email first for a contact number. Viewings at weekends only at the moment. Test drives not possible without insurance cover for me to see, fully comp only, otherwise you'll have to be a passenger. Sorry, but this is my pride and joy.

£2650 ono.

MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements IMG_5018%20copy

MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements IMG_5021%20copy

MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements IMG_5024%20copy
Back to top Go down
georgemk3
Global Mod
georgemk3

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:21 pm

lovely car mate shame you gotta sell
good luck with sale
Back to top Go down
G60 PB
staffs.V.duber

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:50 pm

18 hours a week!!! That sucks
Back to top Go down
The Dave
Banned

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:26 pm

Timing couldn't be worse Sad

I'm trying to find ways to make some cash because I don't want it to go really... I've nearly got enough for the cambelt to be done so thats good, if I get the main expenses out the way and it stays reliable (and I don't gun it around to break it! lol) then hopefully I can keep it, looking around I'd not find another one as good for the cash I don't think.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRivage
staffs.V.duber
ChrisRivage

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:08 pm

What break does this have?

Im V.interested!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
The Dave
Banned

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:41 pm

I'd guess about 185BHP.

I think I drive past your house daily lol
Back to top Go down
ChrisRivage
staffs.V.duber
ChrisRivage

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Lol maybe i live in trentham Smile
Back to top Go down
The Dave
Banned

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Aye, I work in Trent Vale and live in Blurton so tis on my route home Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrisRivage
staffs.V.duber
ChrisRivage

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Arr sweet lol no many dubs in there at the moment though have u seen the corrado for sale?
These are front wheel drive aint they? tut i want a 4wd really the 4 motions i think i am after
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements Empty

Back to top Go down

MK4 Golf GTI, 1.8 20v turbo, Cosmic Green, subtle enhancements

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: General Stuff... :: Car Related Banter-