The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

Need a bit of advice...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
simon-polo
staffs.V.duber
simon-polo

Need a bit of advice... Vide https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1118877801
PostSubject: Need a bit of advice... Need a bit of advice... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:46 am

Im gettin a mk2 golf soonish, its been in a garage for at least the past 5 years+ n hasnt moved.

What things will i need to look into replacing once i have the car, things that will wear over the time its sat unused.

Im not sure of the engine size yet, its just a red mk2, hopefully with it being garaged, it will still be a nice red mk2. Smile
Also might have a slight problem getting it home, its only in chesteron but the keys are gone with someone who left a long time ago. Will maybe have to hotwire it to het it home then replace the locks and ignition, simple job??? volksmine maybe for these??
I wont need to break into the car as the window is open, ive heard its a sound car, n will be a mint new project even more so as its free. And ive got months before the show season restarts properly to get it done. cheers

Any help will be appreciated, could do with gettin the car and making a big start on it. n i guess hope it will be dooable!! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Jon
Jon

Need a bit of advice... Vide http://www.staffs-vw.co.uk
PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice... Need a bit of advice... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:53 am

if it hasnt moved for 5 years then you'll be lucky if it moves at all...

the brakes will be seized, oil will be shot and thats just for starters...
Back to top Go down
madmanmart
staffs.V.duber
madmanmart

Need a bit of advice... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice... Need a bit of advice... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:36 am

I would seriously not drive it home if its been stood for five years. Does it even run? As Jon said the brakes will be shot so the whole car will need a good going over before it drives anywhere. Also the steering lock will be on.

I will collect/winch it on my trailer for some monies.

(don't use rob dogs volkmine for anything Wink )

Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

Need a bit of advice... Vide http://www.staffs-vw.co.uk
PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice... Need a bit of advice... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:29 pm

agreed with mart i wouldnt drive it home my mate brought a mk2 gti 16v a few years back he put it through its mot and because it hadnt been driven for 12 months and had been sitting in the weather the break lines were that corodded that they popped when used and pissed break fluid every where as a result no breakes so id ring mart and get his trailer on the job
Back to top Go down
benny
staffs.V.duber
benny

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice... Need a bit of advice... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 pm

trailor that back m8 after being stud for so long you will have all sorts of problems brakes fuel and brake lines perishing engine possibly siezed brakes siezedbrake fluid gone off with no keys steering lock and tyres being studfor so long with wait of car and little air parished side walls. trailor it back
Back to top Go down
simon-polo
staffs.V.duber
simon-polo

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice... Need a bit of advice... EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:32 am

yeah i was gonna trailer it back, turns out tho, after building my hopes up at the thought of a golf GTi, chassis and pretty much all the underneith (and body)... rusty to F#@k, interior.... mouldy to F#@k, engine... well id get more power from a orange, gearbox.... as much use as glass on a slide....

i was a bit sad when i saw the car. Sad

the garage said, if i was to actually bother doin it up, it would need £4/500 worth of welding, new engine gearbox, and that is just for starters, rear calipers, new sills... the list goes on.

nevertheless, theres a mk2 ryder in golf+ im gonna look into havin, probably wont rape me on insurance like the gti would have.

still tho, if its just gonna rust away or go the scrapper, id rather it rust away in my street.. Need a bit of advice... 943826
Back to top Go down
simon-polo
staffs.V.duber
simon-polo

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice... Need a bit of advice... EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:35 am

oh...... and definitly wouldnt use volksmine... Smile

but ill keep you in mind with the trailer mart for future Need a bit of advice... 943826
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a bit of advice... Need a bit of advice... Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a bit of advice...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: The Garage :: Technical Info... :: Accelerating & Braking-