The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

Checklist for an engine re build 6A - 9A plus a few fitting Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
steve b
Junior Poster

Checklist for an engine re build 6A - 9A plus a few fitting Questions Vide
PostSubject: Checklist for an engine re build 6A - 9A plus a few fitting Questions Checklist for an engine re build 6A - 9A plus a few fitting Questions EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Im looking into finally putting together my 2.0li 6A 16v to fit into my jetta, its going to be running a polished ported kr head and kr standard cams and im looking for a checklist of stuff to buy before the day of fitting. want to make sure i have everything i need if possible, plus there are a few Q's in the list if anyone can help?

i know ill need a head Gasket (hoping to get Steel VW one Same as 9A does anyone have a part number?)
Headbolts (are VW ones the Best?)
gasket set for the waterways around the head and cam cover etc (worth VW or will GSF surfice here?)
oil pump (get a recon one from VW on swap)
oil pickup pipe (these are needed as the 6A ones are different to the 9A and KR, Part number)
thinking i might get some new injector seats and injector seals (are VW best place? part numbers?)
exaust and intake gaskets
Does the Cam Chain need changing?
my engine guy is going to sort me some bearings, piston rings and any other stuff i need for the block, anything you think i should definately change on the block side?
i have a pretty new water pump so that should be ok
i suppose i should get some new spark plugs and a couple of new oil filters if im having the engine rehoned.
should i do the clutch its an 8v box, how much are 8v clutch's? im assuming there is no difference to how the kr and the 6a join the gearbox so i shouldnt have any issues here?
im thinking about maybe getting some new inlet manifold bolts (part number anyone?)
new cambelt
new cambelt tensioner
sump gasket, is it worth it?

Can anyone think of anything else i may need when doing this, anything thats likely to break or snap while fitting ill need to get it fitted in 2 days at most probably over a weekend where obviosuly i wont be able to go back to vw for parts or gsf

thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Pat
Junior Poster
Pat

Checklist for an engine re build 6A - 9A plus a few fitting Questions Vide
PostSubject: Re: Checklist for an engine re build 6A - 9A plus a few fitting Questions Checklist for an engine re build 6A - 9A plus a few fitting Questions EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:25 pm

mk3 16v, golf oil filter housing, 8v might be the same not sure. audi one is angle back so can't use in the golf

think the vavles are bigger in the audi head might be worth measuring, might be worth using the audi head if so.

Use KR oil pick up and sump

Done two of these go well when there done
Back to top Go down

Checklist for an engine re build 6A - 9A plus a few fitting Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: The Garage :: Technical Info... :: Accelerating & Braking-