The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

Prosche Teledial Refurb.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
huxleyAC
Banned

Prosche Teledial Refurb. Vide
PostSubject: Prosche Teledial Refurb. Prosche Teledial Refurb. EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Ok guys so I've just got hold of a set of 7j Porsche teledials and I am refurbing them to go onto hollys Gti to replace her 6j's and she wants a colour change also Smile

They were in a pretty bad state if im honest altho work had already been started on them.

How I got them (probably cant see how bad they are, but... they are)

Prosche Teledial Refurb. 102_0395

So with the first wheel which was probably the best out the four I started to correct some slight blemishes and pits within the previous paint. If you look at the below picture and see where areas have been rubbed down more than others, thats basically where the wheels needed more work.

Prosche Teledial Refurb. 102_0396

Then once I got to that stage I then put that wheel into primer. For now just a single coat that can be quickly rubbed down when its time to paint.

Prosche Teledial Refurb. 102_0397

Now I'm not going to go into to much detail with this so I will basically show you the worst wheel in terms of kurb rash and how I got rid.

Prosche Teledial Refurb. 102_0398

Prosche Teledial Refurb. 102_0399

As you can see pretty shot... so after a bit of sanding and elbow grease got it looking like this...

Prosche Teledial Refurb. 102_0400

As you can see most of the kurbing gone and looking alot better than before, then it was just time to prime that one. (Can barely see the kurbing now Smile)

Prosche Teledial Refurb. 102_0401

Repeated the same process with the other two wheels and spent around 7 hours in total doing them and now I've got a set of primed teledials that are just waiting for colour now.

Prosche Teledial Refurb. 102_0402
Back to top Go down
ChrisRivage
staffs.V.duber
ChrisRivage

PostSubject: Re: Prosche Teledial Refurb. Prosche Teledial Refurb. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 7:07 pm

Looking good
colour???
Back to top Go down
huxleyAC
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Prosche Teledial Refurb. Prosche Teledial Refurb. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 7:24 pm

Gone for ford sea grey metalic, will update with pics when got time
Back to top Go down
robbodred
staffs.V.duber
robbodred

PostSubject: Re: Prosche Teledial Refurb. Prosche Teledial Refurb. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 7:25 pm

ive seen these finished, Smile theyre lavvvly

theyre a ford metallicy dark grey, cant remember the exact colour now
Back to top Go down
robbodred
staffs.V.duber
robbodred

PostSubject: Re: Prosche Teledial Refurb. Prosche Teledial Refurb. EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 7:25 pm

oh there u go haha
Back to top Go down
huxleyAC
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Prosche Teledial Refurb. Prosche Teledial Refurb. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:38 pm

haha we posting at same time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prosche Teledial Refurb. Prosche Teledial Refurb. Empty

Back to top Go down

Prosche Teledial Refurb.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: The Garage :: Technical Info... :: Rims & Rubber-