The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk
Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Please use www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW FORUM as this forum is now locked and you will only be able to view not post.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS SITE IS LOCKED FOR VIEWING ONLY - Please go to www.staffs-vw.co.uk for the NEW Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
::CHECK OUT THE NEW FORUM - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK  - JOIN UP NOW  - WWW.STAFFS-VW.CO.UK -  JOIN UP NOW  ::

Share | 

Hey Guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ar`
Ar`

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:40 am

Hi all, I've recently acquired a metallic black MK4 Golf GTI 1.8T. My first VW and I love it despite the previous owners retardedness and negligence (as you will all see/find out in post's to come) Hey Guys 383861 .

Just to tickle your taste-bud's:-

Hey Guys 1000000549
Hey Guys 1000000556
Hey Guys 1000000554

All the best,

Stu
Back to top Go down
madmanmart
staffs.V.duber
madmanmart

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:30 am

Hello and welcome,

Nice mk4
Back to top Go down
Jon
Jon

Hey Guys Vide http://www.staffs-vw.co.uk
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:53 am

welcome along....

size are those wheels? they don't look like the usual 18" unless its the lower profile deceiving us...

Back to top Go down
oneup
oneup

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:19 am

Hellos! welcome!
Back to top Go down
Dubbernut
staffs.V.duber
Dubbernut

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:31 am

Welcome along nice Mk4.
Back to top Go down
Ar`
Ar`

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:14 am

Jon wrote:
welcome along....

size are those wheels? they don't look like the usual 18" unless its the lower profile deceiving us...

Cheers Jon and all for the welcome.

They're 215 35 r18's on MK5 18" Monza's so slightly stretched to give them that "painted on" look. When finances settle I'll be putting 225 40/45's on them. The previous owner has curbed them quite a lot so they need refurbing.

Stu
Back to top Go down
t1m
staffs.V.duber
t1m

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:15 pm

hi and welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
wrighty
wrighty

Hey Guys Vide http://www.staffs-vw.co.uk
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:00 pm

hi mate welcome along mk4 looks tidy love the monza wheels
Back to top Go down
JakeGiro
Junior Poster
JakeGiro

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:27 pm

What Plans Do you Have For the mk4 and welcome ?.
Back to top Go down
Ar`
Ar`

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:22 pm

JakeGiro wrote:
What Plans Do you Have For the mk4 and welcome ?.

Well, so far I've....

lifted the coil-over's 20mm all round because the previous owner had dropped it so low there was no travel in the shocks so you were riding literally bottomed out. So on a flat surface it wasn't too bad but if there was a blade of grass or a dog hair in the road your spine shrunk by 2 inches, as we all know the roads in staffs are a bit cack!

Before lifting the car I noticed there was a distinctive rubbing on the front drivers side and a "cunk, cunk, cunk" sound while turning. After taking the wheel off it was obvious the last owner was a bit thick because the anti-roll bar was rubbing the drive shaft and the brake disc was loose hence the "cunking" (now fixed). The car had obvious speed bump marks on the sump! No damage though.

Both doors have dropped, passenger door is worst by far however now lifted, yet to do the drivers door but it's not bad.

Previous owner must have had a big sound system as there is some very thick wiring coming from the battery through a huge fusion fuse and all over the car, I actually found live cables just left under the rear seats! Taped them up now!

The previous owner also left 2 locking bolts in the front wheel but didn't have the locking key nut. Luckily my friend had one from an old car that was out by about 1 tooth. So a lump hammer sorted that out. Locking nuts are now replaced.

Things I'm going to do...

Replace the tyres as they should be 225/40/r18 and they're 215/35's so no give at all in them.

I also need to refurb the alloys as the lady that had it last obviously liked to file down curb's.

I need a new driver's seat as the bolster has gone so at the moment my ass is being chewed by a metal bar.

I shall be visiting my friends "Rapid Re-map" how can boost the power output from 150bhp to 225bhp just from an ECU.

The inner door handles are badly worn, so might carbon wrap them to save money.

Need to replace both drink holders and the rear ash tray/trinket thingy.

I want to try and lift the engine slightly to avoid catching the sump at all costs!

Cold air kit and some bonnet bling but nothing chavvy.

In the long run I would like to have a carbon fibre bonnet and wings, purely for performance (very expensive from what i've seen).

I've been quoted £600 for a full metallic black spray job by a company but not sure how good they are.

I think this looks and sounds worse than it is though, when I have more time I will be posting (a lot) about my first Hey Guys 727781 journey cheers .

Sorry this is a bit rushed but I'm at work Hey Guys 866798 .
Back to top Go down
JakeGiro
Junior Poster
JakeGiro

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 4:03 pm

EPIC...nice to see some one working through some small problems and getting on with it going down early edition tomorrow ?.

also just to make you laugh the best car add in the world maybe...my friend showed me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220768216260#ht_6846wt_1139
Back to top Go down
Ar`
Ar`

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Sorry Jake! Only just saw this Sad I'm hoping to come along to a meeting soon.

That add was hilarious Hey Guys 810156456
Back to top Go down
JakeGiro
Junior Poster
JakeGiro

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Think the next one is 24th April I know I will be down have a few beers.

That add had me in stitches for a while got like 200,000 views.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Guys Vide
PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys Hey Guys Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive forum for www.Staffs-VW.co.uk :: Staffs VW Presents...... :: New Members-